Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brick Lane

2008, 4.19 Whitechapel, London

Known as a great place to find a delicious curry dish, Brick Lane is one street in London full of life and culture. In the afternoon I spent exploring this historical street, I found vintage clothing shops, antique and vintage furniture for sale, Bangladeshi music drifting into the street from the stores filled with the basic necessities for a local. I enjoyed the art and graffiti sprinkling the walls of buildings, music shops, and being among young adults sitting in an outdoor restaurant area drinking and socializing, people wandering about exploring the area, and a curry house every few steps along the way. It was one of my favorite London experiences.

1 brick lane

A side street off Brick Lane where I found a fun music store

Some of the street art

No comments: