Sunday, April 20, 2008

Farewell to London

2008, 4.20 London, England

Today I am leaving London and I am sad to go. As I think about the past six months living here, I realize how much I will miss this wonderful city. In all honesty, its pace can be overwhelming at times, especially in places like Oxford Street and traveling to and from work on the Underground; however, it is a city unlike any other I have ever lived or even visited.

There are so many things I like about London, but what I loved most about it: its size; rich historical past; present life and culture; being able to play in the many parks or squares on a Sunday afternoon; go to Art Galleries or see a show; meet people from all over the world; easily travel to other European countries on a whim and inexpensively; historical pubs and vibrant nightlife; transportation throughout the city; interesting markets; the delicious curries and other endless food options to choose from; and even the feeling of safety despite the size of the city.

These are just some of what I enjoyed about London and what make the city a truly amazing place to experience. I am happy to have been able to call it my home, even for just a short time.

No comments: